Don’t set out a bowl of boring nuts for guests to snack on at your New Year's Eve party or post-Christmas present swap. Instead, whip up these easy coffee-glazed walnuts from Debi Mazar (yes, the “Goodfellas” and “Entourage” actress) and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, co-stars and producers of the Cooking Channel show “Extra Virgin.”
Yield: 4 cups
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
Cook time: 30 minutes
Inactive prep time: 35 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 5 minutes
1 large white egg
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ teaspoons Lavazza Classico coffee
½ teaspoon salt
4 cups walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whip the egg white, sugar, coffee and salt together until foamy.
3. Add the walnuts and toss, coating evenly.
4. Transfer walnuts to a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
5. Allow to cool.
If you're not serving them right away, store the coffee-glazed walnuts in in an airtight container. They'll stay fresh for up to a week.