They'll love you when they're figuring out what to do for dinner.1/2
They'll love you when they're figuring out what to do for dinner.
Your friend with the sweet tooth will love this.2/2
Your friend with the sweet tooth will love this.
Yes, it’s literally Christmas Eve and you’re still scrambling for a gift idea. Amazon Prime is not going to help you now. In fact, no one will. It’s time to roll up your sleeves, get in the kitchen and whip up one of these super adorable gift ideas from QVC’s resident foodie and best-selling author David Venable. And nothing is sweater than a hand-made gift. See you’re not last minute, you’re just thoughtful.Lucky for you supermarkets are still open for a few more hours. Now, act fast!
Marinara Sauce (Yields 14-16 cups)
David’s Insider Tip: “Be sure not to brown or burn the garlic because it can make your sauce taste bitter. If you prefer cooking with fresh herbs, add 3-4 tablespoons of fresh oregano and basil.”
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, diced
1/2 cup white wine
1 (28-oz) can tomato puree
1 (28-oz) can crushed tomatoes
3 (28-oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1 Tbsp dried basil
1 Tbsp sugar
4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and onion until aromatic and tender. Add the white wine and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in the remaining ingredients, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for at least 40 minutes.
Fudgy Brownie Gift Mix (Fills 1 large jar; Serves 15-18)
David’s Insider Tip: “When adding the dry ingredients to the jar, be sure to press each layer firmly in place before adding the next layer. And, wipe the insides of the container with a dry paper towel after adding the cocoa powder, so the other layers will show through.”
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1-3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup candy-coated peanut butter pieces
1. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl, then transfer it to a jar or air-tight container. Layer the remaining ingredients in the order listed above (except for the candy-coated peanut butter pieces, which should be stored in a separate container or small baggie.)
2.Write the following instructions on a card and tie it to the jar with ribbon or string.
Fudgy Brownie Baking Directions (to include with the gift)
You Will Need:
3 sticks unsalted butter, melted
2 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 13” baking pan.
2. Empty the brownie mix into a large mixing bowl; stir to blend. Stir in the butter, vanilla, and eggs. Mix well.
3.Evenly pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the candy coated peanut butter pieces on top. Bake for 45–48 minutes. Do not over-bake. Cool completely before cutting.