Dreams are coming true across New York today as Magnolia Bakery combines our two great loves: coffee and cake.
To kick off their new collaboration with Peet’s Coffee & Tea, Magnolia is debuting a Double Shot cupcake. This marble cupcake is topped with espresso bean meringue icing, which is made with Peet’s Coffee Major Dickason’s Espresso Blend.
Our staff took it upon themselves to test out the product so that you, good people of New York, will know what to expect.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
“My exact reaction was: ‘Wow, this is delicious! It's like biting down on sugary air!’ Those cupcakes were pretty damn good. And unusually fluffy, for a cupcake.” -Kate Thomas, Paginator
“I'd exchange this cupcake frosting for latte foam any day!” -Julia Furlan, Careers/Education/Dating Editor
“It was like drinking a creamy, frothy espresso, but not as hot.” -Cassandra Garrison, Head of Online Content
“It was a coffee fix in a cupcake. Generally I like having a little sweet something with my afternoon coffee fix and this was a two-in-one.” -Tina Chadha, Deputy Features Editor
“I liked that the icing was creamy and smooth— sometimes Magnolia Bakery icing can seem too sweet and grainy, but not this one. I also thought the cake was very moist and had a nice, rich chocolate flavor.” -Andrea Park, Web Writer
“It definitely tastes like espresso, so you have to really like espresso if you're going to go for these. But if you do like espresso, it's the perfect cupcake. Though as is often the case with Magnolia, the icing was better than the cupcake. But actually, the cupcake was better than Magnolia cupcakes usually are.” -Danielle Tcholakian, Senior News Reporter
“Cake with a coffee taste? I'm not mad at that.” -Lenyon Whitaker, Multimedia Editor
By the way, today, Oct. 16, free 12-ounce cups of Peet’s coffee will be available at Magnolia all day!