We know, we know you make a mean leftover turkey sandwich. But this year, why not wow your guest with something a little more exciting and hearty than shoving last night's meal in between white bread and mayo? Pasta Fits, a culinary education program from the National Pasta Association offered up this crowd-pleaser that's healthy, easy on the wallet and more importantly super fast to make. There are, after all, leftover bottles to polish.
Mediterranean Turkey Casserole
· 1 lb. penne pasta or any medium pasta shape, uncooked
· 1 14 1/2-oz. can low-sodium chicken broth
· 1 cup skim milk
· 1 tsp. salt
· 1/4 cup cornstarch
· 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
· 1 14-oz. can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
· 1 7 1/2-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
· 9 Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
· 1/2 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
· 1/2 cup white wine
· 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
· 1/2 tsp. black pepper
· Vegetable oil cooking spray
· 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 44 Pictures
- 10 Ugly Hanukkah sweaters to buy right now 10 Pictures
Prepare noodles according to package directions; drain. Stir the broth, milk, salt and cornstarch together in a large pot or Dutch oven until the cornstarch is dissolved. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Stir in noodles, turkey, artichoke hearts, red peppers, olives, mozzarella cheese, wine, lemon juice and pepper.
Heat oven to 350- Spray a 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Spoon noodle mixture into dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake until bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Information Per Serving: 384 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated, 0g trans), 24g protein, 4g fiber, 4g sugars, 550mg sodium, 53g carbohydrates, 80mg cholesterol