Tuesday's frigidforecast is a high of 14 degrees and a low of nine. Although we'd like to play hooky, it isn't the most realistic plan. But one way to warm up when the weather gets this frightening — and treat yourself for facing the brutal temps — is with a comforting class of velvety mulled wine. Your frozen roommates will thank you.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
And if you want to wait for the weekend, the drink is perfect for winter parties, and well, the day after winter parties, when your kitchen counter is filled with half empty bottles of wine.
Velvet Crush Mulled Wine
· 1 bottle of red wine such as Velvet Crush red blend
· Juice and zest of one orange
· 8-10 cloves
· 1 tsp. fresh or 2 tsp. ground ginger
· Sugar or sweetener to taste
· Cinnamon sticks
Combine all ingredients in a crockpot. Gently warm on low to medium heat for 20-25 minutes. Do not boil. Ensure the ingredients are well blended and serve when the mulled wine is steaming. Serves 4-6.