Credit: Wikimedia Commons
In their new book "Partners In Passion: A Guide to Great Sex, Emotional Intimacy and Long-Term Love," authors Mark A. Michaels and Patricia Johnson detail ten myths they say derail most longterm relationships. Be sure to read Twanna A. Hines's interview with Michaels and Johnson and check out their list of myths below.
The Ten Big Myths
1. You need to find a soul mate.
2. They lived happily ever after.
3. You should work on your relationship. (Hint: You are not each other’s problem to solve, see your relationship as an ongoing joint venture or a strong collaboration.)
4. Men are from Mars, women are from Venus.
5. Relationships and sex are about better your needs met.
6. Desiring someone else is a form on infidelity.
7. Monogamy is natural and optimal.
8. Sex should be spontaneous.
9. The sex in the movies, on TV, and in porn is good.
10. There is a right way to be sexual.