Out of all of the Americans who can’t find work, there’s only one I’m actually happy to hear about: Kate Gosselin.
According to a new article in the Huffington Post, the reality TV star and super-breeder can’t find TV work and is discouraged by the lack of offers coming her way since “Kate Plus 8” went off the air.
“She has approached many different networks, including pitching a travel show idea to her old network, TLC, but so far no one has said yes,” a source told the site. “She assumed that given her fame, producers and networks would be knocking her over with job offers and is, to say the least, very surprised that she hasn’t received a single one.”
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
Earlier this month, Kate told Matt Lauer from “The Today Show” that “at this point, the best opportunity for [my family] would be me continuing on TV as a way to provide for my kids.
Something that’s exciting and challenging for me has been TV, and I wouldn’t be opposed to it.”
If she gets really desperate (after all — no one is going to give her free plastic surgery now that she’s not on TV) why not put the kids back to work, like she’s always done? Here are four suggestions for her brood:
1. Form a band like the Jackson 5. What could possibly go wrong?
2. Follow in the family business and have too many kids of their own.
3. Team up with Howie Mandel and have a “Guess Which Gosselin” night (oh come on, like you know any of their names).
4. A traveling cage-match fight night with the Octomom’s kids.