Toasted Marshmallow Milano cookies|Pepperidge Farm1/4 Toasted Marshmallow Milano cookies|Pepperidge Farm
Marshmallow Milano Cheesecake|Pepperidge Farm2/4 Marshmallow Milano Cheesecake|Pepperidge Farm
Milano Tiramisu|Pepperidge Farm3/4 Milano Tiramisu|Pepperidge Farm
Winter Toasted Marshmallow Milano Cocktail|Pepperidge Farm4/4 Winter Toasted Marshmallow Milano Cocktail|Pepperidge Farm
Milano cookies might be nearly everyone'sfavorite Pepperidge Farm treat— and for some the best cookies ever invented — but we're not sure how you'll feel about this latest version.
The Milano, which now comes in many varieties — including the sensible dark chocolate and mint kinds — has transformed into a new flavor, Toasted Marshmallow.
"December is officially here and with the cold, wintry month comes fire pits and roasted marshmallows," the cookies are described in a release.
- There's fanfic at The Met and it's all because of the Tale of Genji21 Pictures
- Oscars 2019: Red carpet looks and full list of winners36 Pictures
The flavor may be too much for Milano purest or could be just the right mix for those looking for a holiday indulgence. For now, the new flavor is only available at Target, but will launch nationwide on Jan. 1.
If you want to really be daring, try these recipes, which incorporate the new flavor:
Marshmallow Milano Cheesecake
One Package Milano
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
8oz. package Cocoa Bittersweet Chocolate chips
4 each 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 1/4 cups Granulated sugar
1/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
4 large eggs
1 cup Marshmallow topping
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 9-inch-diameter spring form pan.
2. Blend cookies in a food processor until finely ground; blend in sugar.
3. Add melted butter and process until well blended.
4. Press crumbs evenly onto bottom pan. Bake just until set, about 5 minutes. Cool while preparing filling.
1. Place chocolate chips in metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water until melted, turn off heat.
2. Place cream cheese, sugar, and cocoa powder in a mixer until smooth, add eggs one at a time, pour in chocolate and mix until smooth.
3. Pour filling over crust and add 12Milanosevenly pushed slightly into filling.
4. Place in oven and bake until center is just set and just appears dry, about 1-hour, turn off oven and prop oven door open slightly for 1-hour.
5. Remove from oven and chill overnight in refrigerator.
6. The next day remove cheesecake from oven, remove from pan. Smooth marshmallow topping, brown with blow torch.
6 large egg yolks
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup whole milk
Four 8-ounce containersmascarponecheese, room temperature
2 cups espresso or strong coffee, room temperature
1/2 cup coffee liquor
2 packages Milano cookies
1/4 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder
1. Line an8x13inbaking dish with plastic wrap, leaving a 3-inch overhang on all sides. ‘
2. Make the custard: Whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water until the sugar dissolves, whisking constantly until custard reaches 170 degrees.
3. Place the bowl over another bowl with ice water and chill the custard.
4. Put themascarponein a large bowl. Fold the custard into themascarponewith a rubber spatula until combined and set aside.
5. Combine the coffee and coffee liquor in a shallow bowl. Dip the Milano in the coffee mixture quickly and in the baking dish in a single layer.
6. Spread 1/3 of themascarponemixture over the soaked Milano layer. Repeat with a second layer of coffee-dipped Milano, arranging them in the opposite direction.
7. Top with another one-third of the custard. Repeat with the remaining Milano, alternating directions.
8. Spread the remaining custard on top and dust with the cocoa powder. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
9. Dust the top of the tiramisu with cocoa powder and top with shaved chocolate and additionalMilanos.
Winter Toasted Marshmallow Milano Cocktail
1 oz. Bailey’s Irish Cream/heavy cream
1 oz vanilla vodka
2 oz peppermint schnapps
1 oz espresso, chilled
1 Toasted Marshmallow Milano
Combine the Bailey’s, Vanilla Vodka, Peppermint Schnapps, and Espresso in a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes. Shake for 15 seconds and strain into a cocktail glass. Place the marshmallows on top of the glass and use a flame to torch the marshmallow (carefully), garnish with a Toasted Marshmallow Milano and serve.