So you've offered to hostThanksgiving at your teeny tiny apartment and you're looking to impress people with your cooking. Is that the situation in which you've found yourself? Have you just now realized you don't know how to cook?
Have no fear! New York City, the land of having anything delivered to your door, has plenty of precooked whole mealsfor you to order to ensure your Thanksgiving guests aren't disappointed.
Here's where to order an entire cooked meal, ordered by price (high to low):
Make your Thanksgiving (and America) great again by spending a whopping $495 on a meal made for about six people.
This meal includes:
Autumn Organic Baby Greens: made with orange segments, dried cranberries, candied walnuts and citrus vinaigrette
- Salt-Baked Beets: made with arugula, grapefruit and honey goat cheese
- Roasted Autumn Vegetable Platter: with pesto vinaigrette
- Butternut Squash Soup: with cinnamon flan
- Whole-Roasted Organic Turkey (average 12-14-pound bird): comes with turkey giblet country style gravy and cranberry sauce with crystallized ginger and navel orange
- Potato Bread and Sausage Stuffing
- Green Beans and Roasted Wild Mushrooms
- Creamed Peas and Carrots
- Sweet Potato with Marshmallow
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Country Corn Bread: made with cheddar and jalapeno
- Autumn Apple Crumb Pie
- Pumpkin Pie
- Assorted Mini Truffles
For a measly $420 you can order a meal that will serve around six to eight people. What do you get?
- Thyme-Roasted Heritage Farm Turkey, 14-16 pounds
- Sage & Sourdough Stuffing, two quarts
- Cranberry Jam, two pints
- Mashed Potatoes, two quarts
- Crispy Brussels Sprouts, two large boxes
- Wild Mushroom Fricasse, one quart
- House-Made Onion Bread, two loaves
- Cranberry-Nut Bread, one loaf
- House-Made Pecan and Pumpkin Pies
The Backroom also offers a very chic “Mini Gobble To-Go” lunch for those who plan on fighting off their misanthropy and agoraphobia at the parade. For $20 ($5 of which is donated to the charity Citymeals-on-Wheels) you get:
- Turkey sandwich on cranberry nut bread
- Kettle-cooked potato chips
- Pumpkin shortbread cookies
- A cup of hot apple cider.
Hill County Barbecue Market offers two sizes for it’s take-out turkey dinner —one it calls “The Ranchers Feast,” which feeds roughly five to eight for $210; and “The Governor’s Banquet,” which feeds nine to 12 for $300.
Here’s the menu:
- Whole Pit-Smoked Turkey (9-11 pounds or 14-16 pounds)
- Skillet Cornbread
- Sides like Texas Toast Stuffing, Longhorn Cheddar Mac & Cheese, Homemade Pan Gravy, Green Bean Casserole, Traditional Cranberry Sauce and more.
- Nine Inch Pies: Bourbon Pecan, Caramel Apple Streusel or Class Pumpkin
Root & Bone offers a to-go menu which if could feed about six people for at least $143. Here’s what they offer:
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Whipped honey butter
- House made preserve
- Turkey 4-5 pound breast which feeds 4-6 people
- Confit leg and thigh which feeds roughly 4 people
- Mac & cheese
- Andouille cornbread stuffing
- Cranberry jelly
- Roasted turkey gravy
- Chocolate bourbon pecan pie
- Pumpkin pie
- Apple pie
Westside Market offers three options for prospective Thanksgiving dinners: an uncooked turkey dinner ($129.99), a cooked turkey dinner (149.99), and a “healthy” turkey dinner ($89.99).
The uncooked and cooked turkey dinner, which both serve up to eight people, are only different in that one comes with an uncooked turkey, and the other comes with a cooked turkey. With these dishes:
- Steamed vegetables
- Mashed or sweet potatoes
- A 12-14 pound turkey
- Cranberry sauce
- Some sort of pie
The “healthy” dinner, which only feeds up six people comes with:
- Only turkey breast
- Baked yams
- Butternut squash with kale
- Cranberry sauce
- Vegetable stuffing
- A pie
Whole Foods has the largest variety of Thanksgiving dinner options offered to its customers. People can choose from several menus which vary in dishes and prices with the lowest being a vegan Thanksgiving meal for one at $18.99, and a Thanksgiving meal for 12 (complete with turkey, soup, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce and gravy) for $279.99.
FreshDirect offers fully cooked meals in three different sizes: small ($159.99), medium ($249.99) and large ($284.99). Each meal comes with a turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce and your choice of side dishes based off the meal size you ordered.