Cheesy Artichoke Dip
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 medium white onion, finely chopped
5 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup heavy cream
2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
¼ cup sour cream
1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese
½ cup panko bread crumbs
1. Heat the oven to 375°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. When it foams, add onion and garlic, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until onion and garlic are golden, about four minutes. Stir in flour and cook until the raw
flavor is gone, about one minute.
3. Sprinkle in 3/4 cup of the Parmesan, pour in cream and stir to incorporate. Add artichoke hearts, sour cream and 1/2 cup of the Gruyère; stir until cheese begins to melt.
4. Transfer dip to an 8-by-8 baking dish and top with remaining Parmesan and Gruyère and the panko. Bake until it’s heated through, bubbling on the edges and the cheese is melted, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let rest five minutes. Serve with crackers or pita chips.