With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, Rent.com asked 1,000 U.S. singles what turns them on (and off) about their date’s apartment. Hint: It might be time to invest in a cleaning lady.
Apparently location, location, location counts a lot: 43 percent of respondents said they would not date someone who lived more than 30 minutes from them. But the "Friends" scenario isn’t exactly appealing either: 82 percent of respondents had never dated someone who lived in their apartment building.
Check out some more survey highlights:
• A nice place makes a difference: 67 perent of renters responded that a nice apartment would make them more interested in a potential partner! But where you lay your head becomes less important with age: 79 percent of renters aged 18-24 said a nice apartment would make them more interested in a potential partner compared to 54 percent of renters aged 48-67
• They say cleanliness is next to godliness and 82 percent of renters agree, saying they pay the closest attention to how clean (or dirty) their date’s apartment is. And if you have to prioritize, make sure you clean the john—45 percent said a clean bathroom was their biggest turn on!
• Your roommates matter — so choose wisely. Twenty six percent of renters said they would not date someone who had roommates of the opposite sex and 37 percent said a rude roommate was a deal breaker.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures