Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

You can have your healthy snacks delivered

To take the guesswork out of procuring snacks good for you and your family, check out one of these companies.

Love with Food Your Love with Food subscription provides monthly packages of hard-to-find, seasonal organic snacks free of hydrogenated oils and high-fructose corn syrup. Credit: Contributed

Snacks – they’re the most brainless impulse buys at the grocery store for most of us. We purchase their delicious decadence in moments of weakness that are quickly replaced by feelings of remorse. But because we all need quick, easy nutrition sometimes, healthful snacks can actually improve your diet, not destroy it.

Enter the burgeoning snack-box delivery trend. “Curated” collections of healthy snacks delivered on the regular might sound like a hoity-toity luxury, but these services are surprisingly affordable. To take the guesswork out of procuring snacks good for you and your family, check out one of these companies.

Graze
With the help of a nutritionist, the Graze team works with small suppliers to provide boxes that contain a variety of healthful snacks in balanced portions to help you adhere to the 80/20 rule: Be good 80 percent of the time and for the other 20 percent of your time, indulge. Choose from snack “themes” such as infused popcorn; dips, such as spicy chipotle or banana caramel; savory collections containing, for example, peppercorn and nori rice crackers or rosemary bruschetta; fruit, nut and seed snack collections; or “a touch of chocolate.”
Delivers to: Continental U.S.
To order: $6 every two weeks (price includes shipping), graze.com

RelatedArticles

Nature Box
Pick one of three box sizes to fill with options from more than 100 different snacks including dried fruit, granola, sweet blueberry almonds and baked sweet potato “fries.” You can customize your box to receive only vegan, gluten-free or nonGMO items, or specify that you prefer spicy or sweet snacks.
Delivers to: U.S. and U.S. territories
To order: $19.95 to $49.95 monthly ($1.97 for shipping outside continental U.S.), naturebox.com

Love With Food
Your Love with Food subscription provides monthly packages of hard-to-find, seasonal organic snacks free of hydrogenated oils and high-fructose corn syrup. Items are chosen in accordance with fun themes, such as April’s “Weird, Wild and Wonderful Foods with Andrew Zimmern,” which contained air-popped sorghum grain, organic fennel pollen and chili and lime chickpea snacks. For every box, the company donates a meal to a hungry child via Feeding America Network and Share Our Strength – No Kid Hungry.
Delivers to: U.S. and U.S. territories
To order: A tasting box monthly subscription is $12. Sign up for six months of tasting boxes and pay $11 a month; a year of tasting boxes is $10 a month. Order a deluxe box for $20 a month. A six-month deluxe subscription is $18 a month, and a yearly plan is $17 a month. For deluxe plans, two meals are donated per box. (Note: Each deluxe box yields two meals donated to kids.) Lovewithfood.com

Healthy Surprise
Healthy Surprise is one of the pricier options for home delivery, but the boxes pack a serious snack wallop: The Starter Box contains 11 or more full-sized snacks and at least 16 servings. Order the Big Box for 16 full-sized items (32 servings), such as freeze-dried fruit, nuts, chocolate, bars, drink pouches, kale chips and crackers, all plant-based and free of wheat, soy, gluten, corn and hydrogenated oils.
Delivers to: All over the world but international shipping fees apply.
To order: $40 to $95 a month, healthysurprise.com

Fruit Guys
Four delivery hubs ship organic, locally grown fruit to your home or office nationwide. Current East Coast offerings include golden delicious apples, Angelina plums and navel oranges. Delivery plans are flexible and fruit is shipped in eco-friendly packaging.
Delivers to: Continental U.S.
To order: $30 and up, fruitguys.com

Conscious Box
Choose from vegan, gluten-free or “classic” boxes filled with a variety of nonGMO products such as Hemp Hearts, fair-trade chocolate, hemp salve and natural beauty and cleaning products.
Delivers to: The Continental United States, overseas to APO addresses and U.S. territories
To order: $9.95 for monthly subscription, $6.95 a month if you order an annual plan. Prices include shipping. Consciousbox.com

 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles