Gourmet food trucks, live entertainment and wellness demonstrations are now joining farmers market vendors along Belmont Avenue in Bala Cynwyd this year to create a whole new mind and body experience for residents and lunch-goers in that neighborhood.
Called The Food Spot and, the event kicked off Thursday and will return monthly until November coinciding with the farmers market, which will still be held weekly on Thursdays.
"The City Avenue area is a growing, vibrant community and we wanted to bring something to it," said Amber van Niekerk, spokeswoman.
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
On the kickoff day, van Niekerk estimates about 400 people came out for the event. Street Food Philly and Bonjour Creperie served food but van Niekerk said there was so much response, for the remaining Food Spot events, they might be adding one or two more trucks.
The Food Spot is a new program of the City Avenue Special Services District.
• Thursday, June 12, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, July 17, noon to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 11, 4 to 7 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 9, noon to 3 p.m.
• Thursday, Nov. 6, noon to 3 p.m.