Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Beer pong ball causes college apartment fire in Bloomsburg

Frustrated college students tried to fix a stubborn dent in a beer pong ball with a lighter.

flickr/Thai Nguyen flickr/Thai Nguyen

A beer pong match in Bloomsburg, Pa., Friday got heated — and then got ugly.

Two college roommates attempted to pop a stubborn dent out of the beer-drinking game's plastic ball using a lighter. But they accidentally dropped the ball inside their Northeastern Pennsylvania apartment, fireofficials told the Press Enterprise.

When the two renters tried to stomp out the fire, the ball rolled underneath a nearby bed, and the bed and box spring caught fire as well.

The roommates tried to move the bedding, but after their efforts became futile, they grabbed a fire extinguisher.Firefighters eventually arrived and drenched the bedding and removed it from the complex, the newspaper reported.

Despite blaring alarms and thick smoke, no other students who lived in the complex exited to safety, the newspaper reported.

____________________

Follow Tommy Rowan on Twitter: @tommyrowan
Follow Metro Philadelphia on Twitter: @metrophilly
Follow Metro Philadelphia on Facebook: Metro Philadelphia

 
 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles