Police are reporting a body found floating in the water near Governor's Island Tuesday night.
Cops say the body is badly decomposed, but appears to be a light-skinned Hispanic male in his 30s with visible head trauma.
The body, as yet unidentified, has reportedly been removed from the water by Harbor Unit cops near Pier 6 at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
The Medical Examiner has reportedly been notified and will determine cause of death.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The investigation is ongoing, cops said.
Follow Danielle Tcholakian on Twitter @danielleiat