As a spectator, you wouldn’t know most of the tens of thousands of runners who jog past you as you watch the Boston Marathon.
But every year there are a handful of faces that may look familiar.
That’s because the race not only attracts elite runners from across the world; it also attracts celebrities.
Actor Will Farrell ran the race in 2003 in an impressive time of just under four hours.
- Fire devastates Notre-Dame, beloved architectural gem at heart of Paris11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
He’s not running it this year, according to Metro’s research, but here are a few celebrities that are running the 2012 Boston Marathon:
- Kristine Lilly is a two-time Olympic soccer gold medalist and a resident of Needham.
- Tedy Bruschi is a New England Patriots fan favorite as a former Super Bowl champion.
- Ryan Sutter is the winner of season one of “The Bachelorette.”