A Boxford teenager made threats involving shooting a fellow student and administrators atEssex Agricultural and Technical High School in Danvers after he claimed they didn't respond to his complaints of being bullied.
Tyler Huntress, 17, was initially turned in to police by his girlfriend, to whom he sent a series of text messages that mentionedblowing up or burning down the school and dismembering and torturing classmates, the Salem News reports.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
In one text, when the girl advised Huntress to “forget” the school, he responded by saying, “I need revenge.” She also told police she saw photos of him on Facebook holding a gun.
Huntress was arrested at his home, where police recovered several knives and two computers. He will plead not guilty to making the threats, but has admitted that he was "very angry and upset" and was simply "venting."
His lawyer described Huntress as a "very troubled young man" who was dealing with his parents' "very contentious divorce" at the time of the threats, the article continues.
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS