Carlos Rivera, the boyfriend of Atlanta Deveney who along with her 12-year-old son Elijah Rosado were found dead Saturday, was taken into custody by Philadelphia police and charged with their murder, police said today.
Rivera, 25, has also been charged with robbery and related offenses for a prior armed robbery back in March.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Police said Rivera, of the 1800 block of E. Russell Street, killed his girlfriend Deveney, 35, and her son. She appeared to have head trauma while Elijah was found with stab wounds to his neck and chest. The mother and son were found after a fire inside a home on Howell Street.
Deveney's body had been found under a mattress inside a closet, police said yesterday. She allegedly had been choked and beaten. Police Capt. James Clark said Rivera and Deveney had an abusive relationship.
Stay with Metro as we bring you more as information comes in.
Follow Metro Philadelphia on Twitter:@metrophilly
Follow City Editor Christina Paciolla on Twitter:@cpaciolla
Follow Metro Philadelphia on Facebook:Metro Philadelphia