It is a great honor for me to wish New York’s No. 1 free daily newspaper a very happy 10th birthday.
We launched Metro New York on May 5, 2004. A decade later, we are proud to put out the No. 1 free daily newspaper not only in New York but in Boston and Philadelphia as well.
In 2004, New York City was a different place. CBGB still existed, you could smoke in parks, the Mets won their first subway series and the iPhone was still just a twinkle in Steve Jobs’ eye. Yes, a lot has changed in the past 10 years here in our beloved city. But what has stayed the same is our resolve in this news medium and you, our faithful readers. Because of you, our team has continued to create and report because you keep picking up Metro for your quick daily dose of news, sports and entertainment.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
We wish our readers, advertisers and staff a hearty thank you for their loyal patronage these past 10 years in New York. We are proud to be here and proud to be New Yorkers.
And we can’t wait for the next 10.