The finish line at the 117th Boston Marathon was filled with horror Monday instead of celebration. Credit: Getty Images
Although the Associated Press reported today that an arrest has been made based on two different video images of the Boston Marathon bombings suspect, Reuters is reporting that no suspect is in custody.
An official transmission over all Boston Police scanner channels today said that to their knowledge, no arrests have been made in connection to the bombings. FBI officials, however, have neither confirmed nor denied the arrest.
At 1 p.m. CNN's John King said a "dark-skinned male" had been identified in connection with the Boston Marathon bombings, although investigators had yet to publicly confirm the development.
The Associated Press said at 1:40 p.m. that "an arrest was imminent" and that the suspect would immediately be taken to court.
King said that videos and photos taken at the scene had helped to identify the suspect.
Law investigators confirmed the development was “a game-changer.”
Another source told King the breakthrough came from videos taken near Lord & Taylor, near the explosion site.
Video turned over by a Boston TV station was also helpful, according to King, offering a "very clear" facial image.
The potential breakthrough has yet to be confirmed by the FBI, however a media briefing that was expected at 1:30 p.m. has been rescheduled until later this afternoon.
Stay with Metro as this story develops.
Follow Morgan Rousseau on Twitter: @MetroMorgan
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS