Cops shot a man holding a woman at knifepoint earlier this afternoon on the Upper East Side.
The woman was reportedly his mother.
Police said that around 2 p.m. they responded to a 911 call reporting a man with a knife at an apartment on East 65th Street. They found a man, 22, holding a woman, 49, at knifepoint, and ordered him to drop the weapon.
A cop used his Taser on the suspect, with no effect, according to the police department.
The man then turned toward cops, who fired, hitting him three times. The woman was struck by a bullet in the buttocks, according to cops.
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
Both mother and son were in stable condition as of this evening.