Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

Delaware townhouse fire displaces family, neighbors

An overnight townhouse fire in Bear, Del., is being blamed on unattended cooking.

A family was displaced by a townhouse fire in Bear, Del., overnight. Credit: Getty Images A family was displaced by a townhouse fire in Bear, Del., overnight.
Credit: Getty Images

A destructive overnight fire in Bear, Del., displaced a family of nine and their neighbors.

The fire broke out in the Sparrow Run townhouse community about 3:45 a.m., The News Journal reports.

A state fire marshal told the paper the fire has been ruled accidental, caused by careless cooking.

No one was injured in the fire, which burned for more than an hour-and-a-half in the end unit of a Gull Turn townhouse building. A neighboring unit also sustained heavy damage in the blaze.

 
 
Consider AlsoFurther Articles