Police say a doctor is questioning information given by the grandmother of a 3-year-old girl found dead in Brooklyn on Tuesday morning.
About 7:50 a.m. this morning, police responded to a 911 call ata residence onDecatur Avenue to find the 3-year-old girlunconscious and unresponsive, lying face-down on a bed, with no obvious signs of trauma, cops said.
She was brought to Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, where she was pronounced dead on arrival. The doctor who pronounced her dead reportedly told police that the times the little girl's grandmother gave in her account of finding her did not match up with his examination of the child.
Cops said the grandmother is the child's legal guardian. Another child also lives in the home. Police did not know the gender or exact age of the other child, but said that he or she is under 10 years old.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The girl's father was not home when police arrived, cops said.
The medical examiner will determine the cause of the girl's death. Police said the investigation is ongoing.
Follow Danielle Tcholakian on Twitter @danielleiat