boston carlos henriquez assault State Rep. Carlos Henriquez appears in court during his arraignment in 2012 on assault charges.
Credit: Boston Herald/Pool photo

Rep. Carlos Henriquez's attorney said Thursday she has filed a notice of appeal in Cambridge District Court, a course of action she had pledged when the Dorchester state rep was convicted and sentenced a week ago.

Attorney Stephanie Soriano-Mills told the News Service she has no update on whether Henriquez plans to resign. Henriquez was convicted of two counts of assault and battery last week and acquitted of three other charges. Soriano-Mills said the notice is a single page to begin the appeal process.

 

Henriquez has not stepped down in the face of requests to do so from Speaker Robert DeLeo, Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, Gov. Deval Patrick and other lawmakers.

The House last week voted to give its Ethics Committee subpoena powers in connection with the Henriquez case but House leaders to date have not signaled any course of disciplinary action against Henriquez.

Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS

Loading...
Latest From ...