An electrical short circuit in the basement of a Beacon Hill market sparked a fire there earlier this month.
Fire officials, who announced the cause of the fire at DeLuca’s Market on Charles Street yesterday, said electrical work had been completed at the store that morning after problems there earlier in the day.
“Due to the extensive damage in the basement, investigators could not definitively say whether this played a role in the fire,” said Steve MacDonald, a fire department spokes-man.
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
The four-alarm fire caused $1 million in damage to the century-old shop.