With the city smack dab in the middle of summer, it's hard to justify being sluggish, especially with a beach weather weekend approaching.
Fitness hopefuls are invited to a free fitness series in Fort Point, which kicks off at 5:30 p.m. today at Children's Wharf Park with a boot camp class, compliments of Channel Fitness, a Fort Point gym.
Other classes include a mix of yoga and Pilates.
The series will run from 5:30 p.m until 6 p.m. every Tuesday through August 21, and on Tuesdays from Sept. 11 through Sept. 25 at either the Children's Wharf and Atlantic Wharf, depending on the day.
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
Exercise locations alternate between Atlantic Wharf 290 Congress Street, Children’s Wharf Park 308 Congress Street, and Moakley Courthouse Park One Courthouse Way.
Free Fort Point Fitness Schedule:
- July 31st Children’s Wharf Park BOOT CAMP
- August 7th Children’s Wharf Park PILATES
- August 14th Atlantic Wharf YOGA
- August 21st Children’s Wharf Park BOOT CAMP
- September 11th Atlantic Wharf YOGA
- September 18th Children’s Wharf Park PILATES
- September 25th Children’s Wharf Park BOOT CAMP
The series is being put on in partnership by the Friends of Fort Point Channel, a neighborhood group, and Channel Fitness.
"You don't need to be a fitness buff to join in - all fitness levels are welcome," said Friends of Fort Point Spokeswoman Abigail Butkus.
Those interested in joining may register by clicking here.