A Holyoke man died after falling 50 feet into the Connecticut River on Monday night.
Jonathan Ramos, 18, fell off a cliff in the High Rock area, WCVB reports.Police received a call around 7:45 p.m. about a man who slipped off the rocks, and was carried into the river by its strong current.
Holyoke Police Lt. Matthews Moriarty says Ramos' body was found around 9:20 p.m. by the South Hadley Fire Department. He was then taken to Holyoke Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, according to WGGB.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
It's not yet known why Ramos was on the 50-foot cliffs, but the area is very popular with swimmers and cliff-jumpers. Water levels have skyrocketed recently due to excessive rain.
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter:@MetroBOS