Traffic is not the only factor that lengthens the precious time we spend in transit. If you're paying by card, it takes time to swipe your card, add a tip and complete your transaction as well. It only takes a minute, but New Yorkers know that one minute can make all the difference when you're crunched for time (and when are you not?).
It turns out you can swipe before you arrive at your destination - you don't even need to be near the end of your ride. According to Quartz, you can pay for your ride at any point.
1. Tap the "pay by card" screen.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
3. Choose your tip amount.
4. Answer whether or not you want a receipt.
That's all you need to do in order to jump right out of the car once you get to your destination. Now you can think of all of the things you can do with that extra New York minute.
Follow Andrea Park on Twitter: @andreapark