State police are investigating a skull found in Delaware City last night.
A New Jersey man, who had taken his daughter and her friends out in his boat to go swimming, found the submerged skull about four feet off the shore of Pea Patch Island around 6 p.m., police said.
After checking the surrounding area for additional remains, the man returned to his home in Carney's Point, N.J. – skull in tow – and called Delaware State Police.
Investigators turned the cranium over to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in the hopes that an identification can be made, police said.
Detectives conducted a search of the area around Pea Patch Island earlier today, but did not find any more body parts. The investigation is ongoing.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures