The Department of Transportation and NYPD said there may be residual delays near all of the street closures on September 27 and 28. There will be several delays and closures this weekend for the New York Road Runners Bronx 10-mile raceand theStephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Run and Festival.Plan accordingly.
Saturday, September 27
ThirdAvenue between 76th Street and 92nd Street in Brooklyn will be closed from 1 p.m. to 3 p.mfor the Rag Amuffin Parade.
There will be delays and closures from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m nearBaisley Boulevard in Queens for the Victory Walk Expect closures and delays in the following areas:
- Smith Street between Baisley Boulevard and 122nd Avenue
- Baisley Boulevard between Smith Street and Bedell Street
- Bedell Street between Baisley Boulevard and 137th Avenue
- 137th Avenue between Bedell Street and Guy R. Brewer Boulevard
- Guy R. Brewer Boulevard between 137th Avenue and Baisley Boulevard
- Baisley Boulevard between Guy R. Brewer Boulevard and Smith Street
Thirty-seventhStreet between 83rd Street and 90th Street in Queens will be closed from Noon to 6 p.m. for theJackson Heights Kiwanis Club 37th Avenue Festival.
SixthAvenue between West 42nd Street and West 56th Street in Manhattan will be closed from11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Big Apple Performing Arts and Innovative Community Festival.
EighthAvenue between West 14th Street and West 23rd Street in Manhattan will be closed from11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for the Chelsea Midtown Democrats 8th Avenue Festival.
Sunday, September 28
Vesey Street between Broadway and Church Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 a.m to 12 pm Noon for the St. Paul's Chapel Religious Ceremony.
Broadway between West 96th Street and 106th Street in Manhattan will be closed from Noon to 5 p.m. for thefor the 26th Annual Upper Broadway Harvest Festival.
Lexington Avenue between East 42nd Street and East 57th Street in Manhattan will be closed from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for thefor the NYC Octoberfest Cathedral High School and Friends of Dag Hammarskjold Festival.
TheStephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Run and Festival takes place this Sunday and will cause several street closures and delays in Manhattan and Brooklyn from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Expect delays before and after the event to allow time for set up and breakdown.
The following areas in Manhattan will be closed for the run:
- Battery Park Underpass
- West Street between Battery Place and Warren Street
- West Thames Street between West Street and Dead End (Battery Park Esplanade)
- South End Avenue between West Thames Street and Liberty Street
- Liberty Street between West Street and Battery Park Esplanade
- Murray Street between North End Avenue and West Street
- Warren Street between West Street and River Terrace
- North End Avenue between Warren Street and Vesey Street
- Vesey Street between West Street and River Terrace
- River Terrace between Warren Street and Vesey Street
- Richards Street between King Street and Bowne Street/Hamilton Avenue
- Bowne Street between Richards Street and Hamilton Avenue
- Dwight Street between King Street and Commerce Street/Columbia Street
- Hamilton Avenue between Henry Street and the Brooklyn Battery Tunnel (Woodhull Street)
- Verona Street between Dwight Street and Richards Street
- Columbia Street between Delevan Street and Hamilton Avenue
Vesey Street between West Street and North End Avenue and North End Avenue between Vesey Street and Murray Street in Manhattan will be closed for the festival.
Third Avenue between Bay Ridge Avenue and 94th Street in Brooklyn will be closed from Noon to 6 p.m. for the Third Avenue Festival.
The DUMBO Arts Festival in Brooklyn is running from Friday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Expect street closures and delays in the following areas:
- Water Street between Adams Street and Anchorage Place
- Water Street between New Dock Street and Adams Street
- Main Street between front Street and Plymouth Street
- Plymouth Street between Main Street and Washington Street
- Anchorage Place between Pearl Street and Plymouth Street
- Washington Street between Plymouth Street and Water Street
Atlantic Avenue between Hicks Street and 4th Avenue in Brooklyn will be closed from Noon to 6 p.m. for the Atlantic Antic event.
Bell Boulevard between 39th Avenue and 41st Avenue in Queens will be closed from Noon to 5 p.m. for the DOT Weekend Walks Bayside Village September Street Walk.
The NYRR Bronx 10 Mile Run is this Sunday and will cause many street closures and delays in The Bronx from 161st Street and Grand Concourse to Mosholu Parkway and Bedford Park. Download a complete course mapand visit NYRR for more information concerning the race.
The following streets will be closed for the race route:
- Grand Concourse between East 161st Street and Mosholu Parkway
- Mosholu Parkway between Paul Avenue and Bainbridge Avenue
- Paul Avenue between Mosholu Parkway and Bedford Park Boulevard
- Bedford Park Boulevard between Paul Avenue and Goulden Avenue
- Goulden Avenue between Bedford Park Boulevard and West 205th Street
- West 205th Street between Goulden Avenue and Paul Avenue