A state trooper opened fire on a car he had pulled over for a traffic violation early Friday morning.
The trooper attempted to pull over an Acura for a traffic stop on Route 16 about 2 a.m. near the Mystic Valley Parkway near Meadow Glen Road. The officer shot the two people inside the car because he claims to have "feared for his life," WHDH reports.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Both injured people in the car were taken to Massachusetts General Hospital, where they are expected to recover. They will then be arrested and go before a judge.
So far, there is no word of the two car passengers having weapons on them at the time of the shooting.
Follow Metro Boston on Twitter: @MetroBOS