Mayor Bloomberg shared a sloppy kiss with a sea lion today during his visit to the New York Aquarium.
He announced new funding for a Coney Island shark exhibit during shark week. A new addition will include a 57,000 square foot "Ocean Wonders: Sharks!" building. Bloomberg also announced a private gift of $7.5 million from Wildlife Conservation Society Trustee Barbara Hrbek Zucker and her husband, Don.
"From the start, the exciting expansion and renovation of the New York Aquarium has been a vital part of our efforts to revive Coney Island," Mayor Bloomberg said. "The project is going to make the Aquarium much more visible and visually exciting to Coney Island’s thousands of visitors – from those strolling the Boardwalk to others visiting the Aquarium itself."
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
But Bloomie didn't dedicate all his time to sharks. He didn't leave the aquarium without a kiss from a sea lion.