Get ready, because for the first time ever, "Charlie" – the official mascot of the MBTA – will take a stroll around the city, promoting the CharlieCard and the MBTA’s new CharlieCard Store at Downtown Crossing.
The mascot will make appearances around the city starting at 9 a.m. Wednesday, where he will plant himself on the State House Steps before making the rounds around the Hub.
"By making Charlie one of the most ubiquitous figures in Greater Boston, more and more people will experience the benefits of using a CharlieCard," said MBTA General Manager Jonathan Davis. "In addition to making public transportation easy to use, the CharlieCard offers customers the lowest bus and subway fares."
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 45 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
Charlie's schedule Wednesday:
- 9:00 - 10:00
- State House Steps with Bus and Charlie
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Swan Boats with Charlie
- 11:00 - 12:00
- Fenway Park with Charlie Van and Charlie
- 1:00 - 2:30
- Boylston Street Station
- Charlie reading the Metro on the Green Line
- 2:00 - 3:30
- Aquarium Station
- Charlie using the FVM
- 3:30 - 4:30
- Charlie group shot with the MassBay Credit Union
- 5:30 - 6:00
- Downtown Crossing CharlieCard Store
- Charlie Group shot with staff
Charlie will also be on hand Saturday from 10 am to 12 pm at an MBTA Customer Appreciation Event on the Concourse at Downtown Crossing, where the new CharlieCard Store is located.