Did you know? April is National Poetry Month!
And to celebrate, the New York City Mayor's Office is holding its third annual Twitter poetry “Poetweet” contest, which began Friday. The best poems will be published in Metro later this month.
The rules of the contest are simple: Tweet your best poems to @NYCMayorsOffice. Keep it clean and keep it to one tweet.
Anyone is invited to compete, so start scribbling now and tweet your best rhymes, verses and haikus using #NYCpoetweet. Tweet your submissions by April 20 to be considered for publication in Metro on April 26, New York's tenth anniversary "Poem in Your Pocket" day.
Multiple submissions are welcome, but each "poetweet" must be limited to one tweet only.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures