A buggy driver died in Lancaster County yesterday after he was dragged by a runaway horse towing a carriage, according to a report from the Intelligencer Journal-Lancaster New Era.
Officials told the paper that the man, who was killed around 4:30 p.m. in Strasburg Township, worked for a local business that offers buggy tours.
The victim was giving a ride to a family of three when he climbed off of the wagon due to what Fire Chief Rick Wentz told the paper was "some kind of issue with the horse or the reins." He was standing in front of the vehicle when the horse took off, dragging him about 200 feet.
The victim was pronounced dead at the scene. The three riders were thrown from the buggy, with two of them sustaining injuries. One reportedly required hospitalization.
Authorities have not yet released the victim's identity.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures