A lawsuit filed last week by a Penn State University student seeks more than $75,000 in damages over a scalding shower last winter.
Jason Miller, of Novi, Michigan, claims negligence on the part of landlord Michael Falk, of Falk Realty and Falk Realty Management Inc., for failing to update the shower faucet in his apartment since the Twin Towers building was constructed in 1969, the Centre Daily Times reports.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Apple Emoji update includes a llama, skateboard and some bagel drama 24 Pictures
The faucet in Miller's apartment did not have an anti-scalding device, and the temperature was set at 135 degrees, a full 15 degrees above the standard, the suit contends.
Miller alleges he fainted and sustained second- and third-degree burns during a March 5 shower. In addition to the burns, he claims his skin is now sensitive to sunlight and that he has suffered psychological distress.
The suit was filed in U.S. Middle District Court in Williamsport last Friday.