Well, this just confirm what we already knew — that Philadelphia is one of the best pizza towns in the country. And the Daily Meal agrees.
A panel of 78 experts tested out about 700 pizzas across the United States and ranked their favorite pies in order. Three pizzas from Philadelphia made the list.
The first appearance is at No. 68 and it's the Parma pizza from Marc Vetri's Osteria on North Broad Street in Center City. It's topped with mozzarella, fontina, arugula and prosciutto di parma.
Philadelphia's second appearance is at No. 80. Pizza museum and restaurant Pizza Brain on Girard Avenue in Fishtown. Experts loved the Forbes Waggensense, which features mozzarella, fontina, grana padano, basil, smoked pepperoni and tomato sauce.
Finally, Taconelli's White Pizza with spinach and tomato came in at No. 82. That pizzeria's original location is on East Somerset in North Philadelphia.
The top 10 are as follows:
1. Frank Pepe’s, New Haven, Conn. (White Clam Pie)
2. Di Fara, Brooklyn, N.Y. (Di Fara Classic Pie)
3. Pizzeria Bianco, Phoenix, (Marinara)
4.Una Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco (Margherita)
5. Pizzeria Mozza, Los Angeles, Calif. (Squash Blossoms, Tomato, Burrata)
6.Roberta’s, Brooklyn, N.Y. (Margherita)
7. Sally’s Apizza, New Haven, Conn. (Tomato Pie)
8. Flour + Water, San Francisco (Margherita)
9.Motorino, New York City (Brussels Sprouts)
10. Al Forno, Providence, R.I. (Margarita)