Police caught a subway turnstile jumper with a loaded gun early Saturday morning in Brooklyn.
Two police officers on a southbound "S" train at Park Place station in Crown Heights saw 24-year-old Damien McKoy jumping over the turnstile 20 minutes after midnight, the NYPD said.
Just as the doors of the train were about to shut, McKoy boarded.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The officers tried to approach McKoy as the train proceeded but he became nervous and ran from them, getting off at the next stop, Botanic Garden station, police said.
The officers caught up with McKoy and found he was carrying a .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun with eight bullets loaded in the magazine.
McKoy was arrested for criminal possession of a weapon, among other charges, police said.