Officials with the Delaware State Police Drug Diversion Unit are asking for the public's help in finding a former medical assistant they say forged numerous controlled substance prescriptions between February and March at pharmacies throughout New Castle County.
An investigation into numerous fraudulently written prescriptions allegedly revealed George Quail, 38, stole a prescription pad while working as a medical assistant at a Wilmington doctor's office.
Police said Quail then wrote prescriptions for narcotic drugs, forging the doctor's signature.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Quail and his co-conspirators allegedly used the forged prescriptions to obtain narcotic controlled substances from numerous pharmacies in the Wilmington and New Castle areas.
Agents have obtained warrants and indictments charging Quail with numerous crimes, including second-degree forgery, obtaining a controlled substance by fraud, insurance fraud and theft of a prescription pad.
Police said several of Quail's associates, who he allegedly paid to buy the drugs and turn them over to him, have already been arrested, but attempts to locate Quail have been so far unsuccessful.
Investigators believe him to be in the Wilmington area and noted he also has ties to Pennsylvania.
Anyone with information on Quail's whereabouts is asked to contact Troop 2 at 302-834-2630, ext. 347, or to submit an anonymous tip by texting CRIMES (274637) with the keyword "DSP," calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, by downloading the Delaware State Police Mobile Crime Tip App or by filling out this online form.