A woman in her 90s was hospitalized following a fire at a high-rise in the Powelton section of Philadelphia on Sunday night.
The blaze at University Square Complex at 40th and Market streets was sparked about 8 p.m., 6ABC Action News reported. The victim, 98, was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for treatment of smoke inhalation.
The cause of the fire, which was reported from the seventh floor and was quickly contained by firefighters, remains under investigation.
The elderly victim was last listed in stable condition.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures