Former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez will not be able to see how his former teammates are doing without him.
The 23-year-old who is accused of murder recently asked to watch TV in his jail cell, but the sheriff denied that request, according to the Patriot Ledger.
Hernandez spends 21 hours each day in his cell in the Bristol County House of Correction where he is allowed to read or write, but not watch TV. Sheriff Thomas Hodgson removed TVs from the Bristol jail after he became sheriff.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Hernandez, a former star tight end for the Patriots, has pleaded not guilty to murdering Odin Lloyd. Hernandez was arrested in June shortly after Lloyd was foundfatally shot in an industrial complex just a mile from Hernandez’s home.
Follow Michael Naughton on Twitter @metrobosmike.