SEPTA will add service along its Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail and Norristown High Speed lines to accommodate large crowds expected for the U.S. Open at Merion Golf Club next week.
Also, free shuttle buses will run between SEPTA's Rosemont station and Merion Golf Club for anyone using the Paoli/Thorndale line.
The special schedules will be in place throughout the tournament, which runs June 10-16.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Spectators traveling to the U.S. Open at Merion can take SEPTA's Paoli/Thorndale Regional RailLine to Rosemont Station. Passengers using other Regional Rail lines can transfer to thePaoli/Thorndale line at 30th Street, Suburban Station or Market East Station in Center City.
The service plan for the Paoli/Thorndale Regional Rail Line is as follows:
• Monday through Friday: 5 a.m. to 8:15 p.m., service every 25 to 30 minutes;8:22 p.m. to 11:52 p.m., hourly train service toward 30th Street Station
• Saturday and Sunday:6 a.m. to 7:45 p.m., service every 30 minutes;7:48 p.m. to 10:48 p.m., hourly train service towards 30th Street Station
Anyone wishing to take the Norristown High Speed Line to the Open can take the train to Ardmore Avenue Station, which is within walking distance to the golf course.
The service plan for the Norristown High Speed Line is as follows:
• Monday through Friday:5 a.m. to 6:45 p.m., service every 10 minutes;6:45 p.m. to midnight, service every 15 to 20 minutes
• Saturday and Sunday:5 a.m. to 8:40 p.m., service every 10 minutes;8:40 p.m. to midnight, service every 20 to 30 minutes
For more information, visit the SEPTA website.