An 11-year-old girl will likely never walk again after being shot by a stray bullet. A 15-year-old girl was shot in the leg as she saved a toddler from gunfire. And cops are searching for a man who shot three men in Brooklyn and fired at police officers Sunday. It all happened during one violent weekend in the city.
Three people were killed and eight others were wounded in shootings on Sunday, The Daily News reports, bringing the total number of people shot this weekend to 25.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
Fourteen people were shot between Friday night and Sunday, including three who died. A total of six people were killed from gunfire this weekend, according to the News.
Sunday's fatal shootings include:
- A 21-year-old man was shot in the head and killed early Sunday morning at East 139th Street and Brook Avenue in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx.
- Luciano Cajigas, 28, of Brooklyn, was shot and killed in broad daylight on 105th Street near the FDR Drive in Manhattan on Sunday.
- Damien Powell, 25, of Brooklyn, died from gunshot wounds to the torso after he was shot in his own neighborhood in Crown Heights on Sunday.
Cops are also searching for Kevon Brown, 30, for the Sunday afternoon shooting that left three men wounded on Lenox Road in Prospect Lefferts Garden. Two of the victims, 24 and 25, were in stable condition Sunday and one victim, 42, was in critical condition.
Brown allegedly fired at police officers as they approached him, cops said. The officers were not struck and did not fire back.
The weekend's shootings represent 5 percent of this year's approximately 440 shootings, according to The News.