Democratic candidate for mayor Bill de Blasio answered the web's questions during a Reddit Ask Me Anything Tuesday.
His favorite pizza? "Di Fara Pizzeria in Midwood, Brooklyn," the candidate replied, stressing the buffalo milk mozzarella used.
How would he get rents down in the city? "I am working in my secret laboratory on a new land creation machine! Just kidding," he said, noting he would try to increase the amount of affordable housing by 200,000 units over 10 years.
His favorite book? "Growing up, it was the Autobiography of Malcolm X, and I still love that book." (Opposition, have at it.)
De Blasio also said he has "serious disagreements," with Republican candidate Joe Lhota, "but I do think he is a smart and affable guy. I also appreciate his wry sense of humor."
De Blasio obviously couldn't respond to every question—he's running for mayor!
Here are some questions de Blasio didn't answer, in no particular order:
- Have you seen Banksy's new artwork in the city? What do you think about street art?
- What made you think of running as New York Mayor? Do you have any plans if you don't win the election?
- Bill if elected will you shut down the illegal backyard parties in BedStuy that keep me up at night? Thanks.
- Where do you stand on the issue of hydro-fracking in upstate New York?
- Bill, since you have avoided all questions which challenge your policy positions or political background let me try this: What is your favorite animal, and why?
- Do you support congestion pricing policies to limit traffic in congested areas (namely Midtown), as well as to promote the use of public transportation/biking/walking?
- Hi Mr. de Blasio, I am an avid rower and kayaker on New York City's waterfront. Do you have any ideas or interest in establishing a waterfront commission; not just for commercial users of the harbor but for recreational users? And in light of Hurricane Sandy and climate change, do you have any plans for a flood wall installation? Thank you for doing this!
- How will life for Dante change at Brooklyn tech (if at all) if you are elected mayor?
Follow Anna Sanders on Twitter: @AnnaESanders