A Wellesley family got a startling surprise while unpacking from a trip yesterday.
A baby scorpion somehow made it into the family's luggage and stung a family member while they were unpacking, police said.
Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the home about 3:30 p.m.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
"When the victim was unpacking, the scorpion was agitated and struck. The victim was not seriously injured and did not go to the hospital," Wellesley police said.
The scorpion somehow made it into the luggage while the family was in Italy and made it all the way back to Wellesley.
Firefighters took control of the scorpion, police said.