Police have arrested a man in connection with an attack on a gay couple as they were leaving a movie theater in Chelsea last month.
Alfonso Lanier, 23, faces hate crime charges for aggravated harassment and assault, police said.
The two victims were walking in the vicinity of West 25th Street and Ninth Avenue shortly after midnight on Aug. 14 when they were approached by two suspects who hurled anti-gay slurs at them, police said last month.
“What are you looking at, you f—g f—ts?” one of them allegedly shouted.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The suspects then proceeded to punch and kick the victims, with an additional three or four men joining in on the attack.
Both victims were taken to the hospital. One of the men had a gash on his chin that required seven stitches.
Police are still searching for the second suspect.