Coney Island is roaring back stronger than ever in 2014 with new rides to attract New yorkers out to the amusement park.
1. The Thunderbolt – Opening Memorial Day Weekend, the new coaster will give thrill-seekers a 2-minute ride featuring a 90-degree drop, a 100-foot vertical loop and a zero gravity roll.
2. The New Luna 360 – This new ride at Luna Park is the next evolution of The Eclipse. The Luna 360 takes riders upside down and around 360 degrees.
3. Coney Island Theme Days – The amusement district will host theme days this summer such as Christmas in July, Superhero Day and Star Wars Day. Check out coneyislandfunguide.com for more.
4. The Coney Island Museum – After sustaining extensive damage during Hurricane Sandy, the museum is finally reopening its doors on Memorial Day.
5. The Astroland Rocket – The Coney Island History Project is working to restore the original Astroland Rocket. It’ll be brought back to Deno’s Wonder Wheel Park this summer as part of an educational exhibit about the rocket.