Did you hear the one about the millionaires who won the lottery? Well the plot has thickened! Today, rumors are flying that the three bankers who won millions of dollars playing Powerball were not the real winners, and in fact are covering up on behalf of a shadowy client.
According to the Daily Mail, a personal friend of one of the three Connecticut asset managers who won a record $254 million in a Powerball lottery says that the trio are mere fronts for one of their clients.
An anonymous man - one of their clients - is said to have actually purchased the ticket but came to the trio to avoid the ‘hassle’ of his name becoming public.This story just keeps getting richer. (Pun intended.) Now it's not that three rich Connecticut bankers got lucky and won a bunch of money that they didn't need, it's that three wealthy men hoaxed us all, simply to protect a man who was even more wealthy and powerful from being embarrassed. That's some sort of metaphor for our economic system, even if we're not sure what.
They then allegedly set up a trust ‘as a front’ so that Tim Davidson, Brandon Lacoff and Greg Skidmore could be the public face of the win.
In a further twist, it was also claimed that rather than donate a large proportion of the money to charity, the winner has requested that the majority just be invested for his personal gain.
(Also, curiously: the source outing the three bankers didn't get anonymity! His name is Tom Gladstone. Everyone Google him right away!)
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures