A fight between a boyfriend and girlfriend in Dorchester on Sunday ended with the boyfriend suffering from a life-threatening stab wound and the woman being arrested by police.
Police responded to a domestic incident about 12:40 p.m. Sunday at 400 Savin Hill Ave.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
When officers arrived, they found the man in the kitchen suffering from a stab wound to his stomach. He was taken to Boston Medical Center with life-threatening injuries.
The woman told officers that she and her boyfriend got into a verbal fight that became physical, police said. Officers at that point noticed her hands were injured and she was taken to Tufts Medical Center for treatment, then arrested.
Police charged Tina Thompson, 46, of Dorchester, with assault with intent to murder. She will be arraigned Monday.
Follow Michael Naughton on Twitter @metrobosmike.