Pedestrians confounded by the series of obstacles that remain in around the West Side Highway near the old World Trade Center site have some good news: a long-closed pedestrian pathway is being re-opened for the first time since 9/11.
The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey will be unveiling the World Trade Center West Concourse on Thursday, Oct. 24.
The pedestrian walkway will connect the World Trade Center site, the former site of the World Financial Center and the New York Waterway Ferry Terminal.
Officials are hailing it as a major step in the rebuilding of the World Trade Center complex.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Follow Danielle Tcholakian on Twitter @danielleiat